The Planes

We took off over a decade ago as the world's only P-51 Mustang formation aerobatic team. Since that time, the team has grown into flying other platforms in formation, including F8F Bearcats, F4U Corsairs and F-86 Sabres and most recently, the P-38 Lightning.

P-51 Mustang

The legendary P-51 Mustang dominated the skies over Western Europe after it was introduced in World War II. The single-seat aircraft had a maximum speed of 437 miles per hour and could escort heavy bombers deep into the heart of Germany. The P-51 and the pilots that flew them were crucial to turning the tide of war in the Allies’ favor.
P-51 Mustang
F-86 Sabre

F-86 Sabre

The Sabre made its name in the skies over Korea where the swept-wing fighter destroyed nearly 800 MiG 15s during the Korean War. The jet, the first of its kind in the American arsenal, broke speed records throughout its evolution.

P-38 Lightning

The P-38 Lightning, dubbed the “fork-tailed devil” by terrified enemies, was one of the most influential fighters of WWII. The twin-engine plane was first conceived by Lockheed in 1937 and officially introduced in 1940. The P-38’s guns and supercharged engines that could power it to 400 miles per hour made it a formidable weapon in the American arsenal. P-38s went on to fly more than 130,000 missions over Europe, the Mediterranean, the Pacific, North Africa and the Aleutian Islands.
30WEST
F-86 Sabre

F8F Bearcat

The carrier-borne F8F Bearcat was a fast, powerful and maneuverable aircraft that entered service too late to see action in World War II. The Grumman manufactured fighter could top 400 miles per hour with a range of over 1,100 miles.

F4U Corsair

One of the most recognizable aircraft of World War II thanks to its distinctive wings, the F4U Corsair entered service in 1943. The single-seat fighter's Pratt & Whitney engine powered blades that spanned 13 feet, which helped make it one of the fastest fighters in the Pacific Theater. By the end of WWII, Corsair pilots had been credited with downing 2,140 enemy planes.
30WEST